To start with new goals or re-defined old goals, it would be good to review and reflect on the goals set and achieved or uncompleted last year. I began setting ‘concrete’ goals for my blogging and writing journey with Blogchatter‘s Half Time activity in July 2016. I did list down some clear manageable goals but didn’t follow up with them up due to several reasons.
Mid-Year 2016 Goals Recap –
- One blog post per week
- Promoting Cycling through blogging (written blogposts and video blogs)
- Defining the blogs focus and getting a team to write regularly for the blog
- Starting a video channel for the blog
- Producing content related to cycling more frequently
Most of them are doable goals, so I wonder what prevented me from executing them. Before I write down my goals for this year, I think it will better if I start by listing the reasons that prevented me from executing my past goals as this will prevent a repeat of the same scenario.
Probable Reasons for non-completion –
- Lack of a well-defined strategy plan.
- A plan that defines the small steps to be followed for complete the goals along with a schedule for those steps.
- Goals/Progress Review
- Reviewing the defined goals on a weekly basis and evaluating progress made or not made.
And now with that in mind, I can begin sharing the new (refined) goals for the year, most of which I have already shared before during Blogchatter’s Blogbuddy 3.0. These were only my blogging goals which I had also refined and added to when submitting my Blogchatter Resolutions.
Aside from these blogging goals, I will also jot down my work/career goals.
Let me start with…
Blogging Goals 2017
- Publishing at least 4 Blogposts per week – 1 written and 3 audio/video posts.
- Connecting with a blogger or a tribe for new projects and collaborations (related to cycling, food, environment) – One community project at least per quarter.
- Identify the scope of my blog, define a growth plan and form a team of 3-5 Content Writers to execute it.
- Earning 500 unique Blog Subscribers in the first Half of 2016.
Other Goals 2017
- Learning Video Production (this will help me with video blogging) – Mastering Premiere in the First Quarter.
- Pursuing Literature through writing, reading, performing plays. – Write one short story each quarter and attend at least 2 Nouveau Art Play Reading Group sessions in each quarter.
- Learning & Writing in Mother Tongue – Marathi. – > Getting an article (poetry or text) published in a publication online or print in the first 4 months.
So that is it. And this is the first post of the week. 3 more posts to go and a whole lot of other things.